This is just a really quick post to capture something learned.
Imagine your CI job fails. Imagine you can't tell why easily because there are so many moving parts in the CI. Imagine you are asked to fix the broken build.
This post is about how I got past that.
Step 1: Set the stage
- Provision a new VM which could run a gate job.
- Prepare it with any personal customizations and tailor to your tool preferences appropriate to a disposable working environment.
Step 2: Prepare the host to emulate the gate
In the VM
cd /opt # or somewhere you want to put stuff git clone https://github.com/JohnVillalovos/devstack-gate-test.git cd devstack-gate-test ./vm-setup.sh su - jenkins
Step 2.5: [optional]
- Snapshot the instance here for convenience
Step 3: Execute the reproduction event
In a browser
- click the link of the correct gate job from the review you want to reproduce
- find the reproduce.sh script in the logs directory
- copy link location for this script
In the VM
Now just kick back and watch the cargage!